The Deckers Group is a family run business that operates in various sectors, including hospitality, leisure, and wholesale.
We are committed to empowering our colleagues to be successful in whatever they do and are always looking for new ways to connect with our customers and communities. And of course are passionate about food and hospitality, and ensuring that every visit is memorable for our guests and customers.
An open opportunity has arisen for a reliable and hard working Butcher to support our operations in the Butchery Department.
What’s on Offer?
- 28 days holiday (pro-rata for variable hour colleagues)
- Pension scheme
- Staff discounts
- Training and development opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Parking
- Loyalty discount of up to 25% on food
- Company Events
In this role you will work around 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday, (overtime when required), in our state-of-the-art facility in Castleton, Rochdale.
You will have experience in commercial catering butchery, be a team player, able to work under pressure and to deadlines whilst maintaining quality control.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for preparing meat including from carcass and other fresh produce to Decker’s specifications without supervision.
- Working on strict timeframes to ensure orders are fulfilled in time.
- Ensuring quality of all fresh produce is maintained to Decker’s high standards
- Carrying out daily equipment checks to ensure high level of maintenance, health and safety and food safety
You will come to us with:
- High level meat knowledge of all species and cuts.
- Must be able to work as a part of a flexible team, follow instruction and use own initiative.
- Experience of working to deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- Knowledge of food health and safety, batch coding and traceability
So, if this sounds like your next perfect opportunity, apply now!