Deckers Hospitality Group Ltd. is a family run business that operates in various sectors, including hospitality, leisure, and wholesaling.
We are committed to empowering our colleagues to be successful in whatever they do and are always looking for new ways to connect with our customers and communities. And of course, are passionate about food and hospitality, ensuring that every visit is memorable for our guests.
An open opportunity has arisen for a reliable and hard-working Sales & Events Assistant to support our operations and coordination’s of weddings, events and conferences being held at The Royal Toby Hotel.
What’s on Offer?
- 28 days holiday (pro-rata for variable hour colleagues)
- Pension scheme
- Staff discounts
- Training and development opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Parking
- Loyalty discount of up to 25% on food
- Company Events
Working as a Sales & Events Assistant at The Royal Toby Hotel you will be responsible for partnering with all departments to ensure that our guests events go off without a hitch! Reporting to the Sales & Events Manager your day-to-day duties will include:
- To ensure the smooth co-ordination of your assigned weddings, events & conferences. To assist in all activities involved in the selling and promotion of the facilities at the Royal Toby to set targets.
- To deal with enquiries, either by telephone, e-mail, letter or in person in connection with all event facilities within the specified time scale including all follow-ups.
- To carry out wedding and event site visits and any appointments assigned to the standards set.
- To work operationally to ensure the smooth running of all weddings and events working alongside the operational team and the Sales & Events Manager.
- Timely communication with the kitchen and operational teams.
- Communicate with the marketing team to ensure sufficient notification of events that require marketing.
- Always communicate positively – follow-up with guests post event for feedback with the aim of re-booking.
- Be an ambassador for guest service standards.
- Ensure all enquiries are followed up within set timescales.
- Assist at wedding fayres and monthly open days and attend meetings when requested.
This role will include operational duties. Working hours are variable and will be on a shift pattern which will include evenings and weekends.
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for someone with exceptional organisational skills as well as a professional in providing exemplary customer service. You will have had at least two years of experience within the hospitality industry, preferably within Sales & Events, and be proficient in the use of various Microsoft Office Programmes.